Sexual Healing: Good Advice From A Bad Girl

This is not your mother's sex advice column. I'll tell you upfront that I’m kinky and my answers to your questions won’t be your standard, vanilla responses. So who am I? Just a kinky girl with an appetite for sex, a good deal of experience, and the desire to help others enjoy sex the way I do. Email me your sex and relationship questions. I can't respond to all of them, but I will post the question along with my response. Feel free to comment or add your own experience.

November 06, 2005

Funny You Should Mention It ...

Hi!
I like reading the careful answers you give in your blog to readers' questions. I'm curious: What do you know about Instead cups? Someone recommended them to me to use when I have my period. Evidently they prevent the blood from getting out so you can have sex while bleeding. Do you know anyone who has tried these?
Thanks!


I'm not usually one to let a period stop me from getting my freak on. Not if I'm in a long term relationship ... To the extent that I wouldn't be in a long term relationship with someone who wasn't down for a bloody fuck (or for going down). I've been both the giver and receiver, and to me, there's almost nothing hotter than that level of intimacy.

But sometimes we're not in long term relationships, and the simple fact is that a LOT of women are super horny when they're on the rag, and it seems silly not to take advantage of that.

Recently, I was in a situation where a particular fantasy of mine had the potential of coming true. But my Aunt Flo is a bit finicky, and can be unpredictable within a certain amount of predictability, so I wasn't sure if she would visit this particular weekend. I was discussing this dilemma with a friend and she says "Oh, I just always use my diaphragm".

And I thought: "What a brilliant fucking idea! Why didn't I think of that one?"

Then it occurred to me: Because you don't use diaphragms because you grew up with the "use condoms or die" anti-AIDS message, and you've been a condom Nazi since you first started having sex.

Then I remembered Instead Cups, and was all set to use one if Aunt Flo arrived before I wanted her to. In the end, I didn't need to go this route. But it is one I will consider in the future.

I've talked to a couple of people who have used Instead cups during their period as a barrier for sex, and have heard mixed reviews. The consensus seems to be it does work, but if you are into using big toys, or fisting, during sex, the chance of dislodging it is high, and you'll end up spilling out what is collected inside. This is also possible with highly spirited fucking, or if your guy has a big cock.

My advice is ... go ahead and try it. It's not going to harm you, and I'm a big proponent of experimentation. But if you're considering it as a means to keep your partner from knowing you're having your period, you may as well just skip the fucking. It's deceptive, and anyone who needs to be tricked into fucking you isn't worth it in the long run. You'll be too worried about "exposure" to really enjoy it, anyhow.

2 Comments:

At 11/07/2005 12:24 PM, Blogger Alice said...

i agree.... my current bf is totally unconcerned with what time of the month it is for me. i used to be super-paranoid about it, especially because i was afraid of grossing boys out, but as le bf put it - it's a natural process, and he'd rather have sex than not have sex for such a silly reason :-)

 
At 11/16/2005 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linked from CL, my ex used to use something similar. Not the Instead Softcups, I think it was called the Keeper? Basically a silicone cup, acorn shaped that suctioned to her cervix.

I had no problems with having sex when she was on her period, as a matter of fact I did it enthusiastically.

We never intentionally used it as a barrier, but we DID forget to take it out one time. The Keeper has this little stem at the end to help you take it out and the end of my dick kept jamming into it, not the most pleasant sensation into the world. Other than that, no complaints.

And as far as the intended purpose my ex LOVED it, and since I never ran into used tampons or other sanitary products in my trash so did I :) Not that it would have bothered me so much, but it's certainly nice NOT to have it around if you have the option.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home