Sexual Healing: Good Advice From A Bad Girl

This is not your mother's sex advice column. I'll tell you upfront that I’m kinky and my answers to your questions won’t be your standard, vanilla responses. So who am I? Just a kinky girl with an appetite for sex, a good deal of experience, and the desire to help others enjoy sex the way I do. Email me your sex and relationship questions. I can't respond to all of them, but I will post the question along with my response. Feel free to comment or add your own experience.

May 08, 2006

Like a Hole in Your Head

I've considered getting a penis peircing, and while the main concern to me is with the aesthetics of it all, and how any future potential partners might view it, should my current relationship fall through, there's one question I've found very little information about. See, having safe sex is an absolute necessity in my opinion, and I was wondering: how does a penis peircing work with a condom? Strikes me that it would greatly increase odds of breakage, but it also strikes me that having to remove it beforehand (some of the forms like the capture-ball style being rather difficult to get out at times) could contribute greatly to ruining spontaneity (and removing it even longer before causes possibilities of the hole closing, and removes some of the aesthetic appeal of getting it done in the first place). What're your thoughts on all this?

Safe sex is definitely still possible. There are some additional things you should consider:

-you're at a greater risk for STD transmission during the healing period - so that means condoms for blow jobs.

-there will be a period of time immediately following the piercing when you won't be able to have any sexual activity - ask at your piercing parlor how long that will be, it varies depending on the type of penile piercing you're considering.

In any event, you're absolutely right: piercing your cock and leaving the piercing in when you fuck (which you'll have to do for the first 6 months, give or take, to prevent the hole from closing) will increase risk of condom breakage. You can reduce the risk by using larger condoms ... though not so large that they won't stay on your dick. You'll have to stay away from the thin condoms, unfortunately. I don't have stats and percentages to throw at you, but sex with condoms is only slightly less safe if you're pierced than if not, assuming proper condom use.

3 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

having had my fair share of sex with pierced penises, i can say i've not had a problem with the condom breaking because of it.

and in my opinion, anyone who doesn't think a pierced penis is unbelievably beautiful is a crackpot.

-el snarkster

 
At 6/10/2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Her Scarlet Letters said...

Dr. Drew Pinsky, one of our culture's most successful sex advisors (of Loveline) is stalwart in his objection to penis piercings, which always comes off as ridiculous. (he also thinks most men don't like anal stimulation - yeah right) Thanks for the great advice.
-Scarlet
http://herscarletletters.blogspot.com

 
At 1/09/2007 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got one (ampallang), and condom breakage has never been a problem. But you can try this experiment: take whatever barbell or ring you're planning on getting, and try to push it through a condom. I could never get the condom to break no matter how I tried to shove the metal through it. So standard fucking should be fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home