Sexual Healing: Good Advice From A Bad Girl

This is not your mother's sex advice column. I'll tell you upfront that I’m kinky and my answers to your questions won’t be your standard, vanilla responses. So who am I? Just a kinky girl with an appetite for sex, a good deal of experience, and the desire to help others enjoy sex the way I do. Email me your sex and relationship questions. I can't respond to all of them, but I will post the question along with my response. Feel free to comment or add your own experience.

January 29, 2006

Ride 'Em, Cowgirl

Hi,

I need some pointers on how to not get saddle sores while being on top. (I'm a girl.) My hips and legs get really stiff, and I can't stay on top as long as I'd like. Any ideas?


There could be several things going on here. First, how long are you playing cowgirl? We all get a little stiff in the hips and thighs if we go at that for extended periods of time. Do you get sore in any other position? If not, just limit your time in that position, pick up a kama sutra or some book of sexual positions and try to find others that you like.

It could also be dietary: lack of sodium, potassium, or dehydration can cause joint and muscle pain. A dietary change might help. Sodium is easy to increase, as is water intake: you can kill two birds with one stone by drinking sparkling mineral waters. For potassium, take a multi-vitamin and try to increase the amount of foods you eat from this list.

Do you stretch daily? If not, you should, and not just because it'll make you able to sustain the on-top sexual position longer. Also, strength and conditioning exercises that target muscles in the upper leg can help.

I can't give you a 100% guarantee that if you stretch, stay hydrated and intake adequate amounts of sodium and potassium you'll be able to maintain the position any longer than you already do, but all of those are good things for your health, so you might as well do them anyway, right?

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more muscle-ache nutrient - magnesium. GNC sells a magnesium & potassium combination that works well if you suspect a deficiency (and many Americans are deficient)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home