Sexual Healing: Good Advice From A Bad Girl

This is not your mother's sex advice column. I'll tell you upfront that I’m kinky and my answers to your questions won’t be your standard, vanilla responses. So who am I? Just a kinky girl with an appetite for sex, a good deal of experience, and the desire to help others enjoy sex the way I do. Email me your sex and relationship questions. I can't respond to all of them, but I will post the question along with my response. Feel free to comment or add your own experience.

May 23, 2006

No Glove, No Love.

I am one of those people who always does the right thing, puts the gum back in the wrapper before throwing it away, never steals hotel towels, etc.

But last Thursday (six days ago), I was spending the night with a girl I had just met the day before, and we started to have sex. She complained that the condom was possibly affecting my performance, so she threw it away. She then looked me in the eyes, and said "don't worry, I just had my period, so I won't get pregnant." In the end, I came inside her. I have had very few sexual experiences, and had heard that "if you're not using a condom, it doesn't make a difference anyway."

I had not had "any" for over two years, and the whole thing happened so quickly, I just did it, and I only started to really worry a couple of days ago.

Last night I couldn't sleep.

I am at a point in my life where a baby would be a complete and total catastrophe (I am renting a tiny bedroom, several months behind on some bills, etc.) I recently got a new job, so I am slowly working out of the hole I'm dug into, but would not be able to handle anything like this.

I also worried about HIV. I have only had three experiences in my life, and the prior one was over two years ago. I know that someone can be asimptomatic for several years, but a blood test I had over a year ago didn't show anything (although I don't think it tested for HIV specifically). She has only been with one man her whole life, although again, it's possible that that man was with other women. The only solution to that worry is to get tested in six months (as I understand that the antibodies don't begin to generate for several weeks/months, and are not perceptible right away).

I am really more worried that it's possible she's pregnant. I talked with her today, and she mentioned that she's not ready for a baby either, that she has health insurance and she would rather "take care of it" if it did happen.

If in fact, she is not pregnant, ... and neither of us has any conditions, I will be a changed man from this experience. You will not find me anywhere near a naked woman, unless I am in love with her and ready to have children with her.

This has been a nightmare so far!

J.


J,

I'm not so sure I can tell you anything you don't already know. You fucked up. Literally. But you know this, and you're paying the price in guilt and worry. Chalk it up to a life lesson - most of us have had an "oops" of the sort you describe. And by "oops" I mean, "yeah, I know I shouldn't do this without a condom, but what the hell, I'm going to do it anyway and I won't think about the consequences until later". Then it's later and you think to yourself "What the FUCK did I do? It wasn't even worth it." And you don't do it again.

I think swearing off women forever until you find the woman you'll marry is a bit of an extreme response to the incident in question. I'd understand it a little more if she DID end up pregnant, or if she confessed after the fact that she had HIV or another STI. But neither of those things happened. Just run your little butt down to your local anonymous HIV testing site when it's been 3 months since your unprotected encounter. And do it again 3 months later, just to be on the safe side.

While I do commend your attitude about not doing something if you're not willing to accept the consequences of your actions, - maybe you could think out of the box a little bit? There is SO much more to sex than penis-vagina intercourse. There are plenty of things you can do with a woman that don't involve your cock being anywhere near her pussy, making pregnancy very, very unlikely. You still have to worry about STIs, of course ... but there is little (although there is some) risk involved in non-penetrative sexual activity.

I think you're beating yourself up a little too much about this. Consider it a bullet dodged, and from now on, keep a safety on your gun.

4 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serre- don't you think you should address the abortion issue here? J doesn't really make clear his feelings about it, he simply alludes to the idea that this girl would get an abortion if she is pregnant. Don't you think you should provide some info about that route, about the importance of counseling when going through something like that (for BOTH parties involved); and also provide info about alternatives, such as giving a child up for adoption. I don't know anything about this stuff myself, but since you are acting as an advice-giver in this blog, I think it is a sort of responsibility you assume to provide the best info you can find. I don't think it is helpful to just tell this guy that he's "dodged a bullet" when he doesn't even know yet if she's pregnant or not.

 
At 5/24/2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Serrephim said...

hi, nicole:

If and when she turns up pregnant, I will gladly tackle the abortion issue if J would like me to. That wasn't the issue that struck me as most important in J's question, so I chose not to get into a rather lengthy discussion about my views on abortion.

 
At 5/25/2006 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Serre,

I do have a question somewhat related to this.

Say you meet someone that you are wildly attracted to, and they are very anti-condoms (hard to imagine, I know) . . . because their personal practice has always been to play safely and be tested with clean, tested partners. So, they stipulate that you play "glove-free," but assure you that they are 110% clean . . . because they are fastidious about being tested . . . and take real exception with the suggestion of condoms because this connotes multiple partners which busts up their happy ideal of monogamy = safety = clean = no worries = no STIs = everything's A-OK and everyone can play nicely?

This kind of goes against everything I came of age with. I became sexually active in the age of HIV . . . I am now 35. I have never had unprotected encounters unless in LTRs, and even then after they ended, was tested for everything under the sun before undertaking another relationship --- regardless of its LTR potential. So, this is kind of like putting the cart in front of the horse for me. It seems weird, but I get the logic. But, I'm also wondering if I'm just thinking with my dick, here (BTW --- I'm a woman but I'm completely hot for this guy).

Thoughts?

 
At 4/15/2011 12:28 PM, Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home